At last! Over a year of planning, building, and testing have finally paid off and today we can announce the release of the Gliffy Confluence Plugin 5.0. It’s twice as fast as the Flash editor, snappier, lighter, cleaner, and, best of all, it is 100% HTML5!
What are you waiting for?
Go to the plugin page on gliffy.com, click the Get the Plugin button, then head over to your Confluence Universal Plugin Manager (UPM) and upload the file!
- Whether you’re creating a new diagram or loading an existing diagram — even large diagrams — the Gliffy Confluence Plugin 5.0 HTML5 editor is more than twice as fast as the old Flash editor.
- Our improved color picker lets you quickly choose from a rainbow of appealing colors, or set your own custom either by eye or from RGB, HSV, or hex values. And each editing session saves the colors you used, so you can create beautiful diagrams more quickly and easily.
- The revamped interface is lighter, cleaner, and more tightly integrated with the Confluence environment.
- Undo/redo have been amped up for more control, and now they have buttons on the toolbar!
- Snap-to-grid placement and drawing guides make it easy to create sharp, perfectly aligned diagrams.
- Smart copy and paste remember relative positioning, so you can create grid layouts with the push of a button.
- Keyboard shortcuts work much better in the new HTML5 app, even on Macs!
What it’s all about
We originally built Gliffy in Flash, the best technology available at the time for web applications. But since then, HTML5 emerged as the standard for rich, complicated programs (like Gliffy) that run in browsers. It’s faster, works better across more platforms, and makes the Gliffy developer team really, really happy. Everyone wins!
What, you’ve never heard of Confluence?
Atlassian Confluence is enterprise wiki and collaboration software, and Gliffy has been a popular Confluence plugin since 2006. Today, we’re the most popular commercial add-on in the entire Atlassian ecosystem! If you’d like to see what it’s all about, head over to our Confluence Sandbox.
Gliffy, Confluence, and HTML5. What could be better?